Cool or Strange?
Its a long story as to why the business is called Aquaman, but its largely related to the fact that, Aquaman, aka Duncan McFarlane, was previously a swimming coach at Matlock Swimming Club. At the time of choosing the name it sounded OK and its just stuck.
Duncan is freelance working from his home in Tansley near Matlock, Derbyshire. He spent a brief period at Wilmorton College (now integrated into Derby College) studying design , but is largely self trained in modern techniques of website design. Also in the past six or seven years, Duncan has also taught himself video production skills for which he has worked for organisations such as Waterstones, Derbyshire County Council and Derbyshire Constabulary.
And if that wasn't enough, Duncan trained in the printing industry from the age of 16 working mainly in pre-press, where he reached the level of production controller before heading off to work for himself in 1999. In his time in the print industry, Duncan, obtained qualifications up to degree level, for which he obtained several awards including the British Printing Industries Federation Bronze Medallion, the Varn award for Excellence in Printing and the 3M award for Most Innovative Project.
- review by Claire Sandiford, Silver Ridge Bed and Breakfast, Tansley
When we first started we had no idea how to structure the look of the website - Aquaman Design gave us very good clear ideas how the pages should look and to the layout.
Joomla Help Center
- Post your Joomla Questions
- How to add a YouTube video to your Joomla website
- Creating a Word or pdf download
- Align Images to Right of Text
- Adding a new category in Joomla
- Joomla! CMS Guide - An Introduction
- How to add a new section in Joomla
- Creating an article in Joomla
- Joomla! Control Panel Buttons and what they do.
- Joomla! backend and how to access It